Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Gypsy Housing

Several weeks ago while cycling, I passed a gypsy housing complex. It was amazingly beautiful in a horrible way. I know, sounds confusing. I couldn't describe it, so I decided I needed to return with a camera.

I headed out this weekend with Kelly, Amanda and Sara to bike the Appian Way. For a brief period, I split off in search of this housing again. Against the suggestion fo multiple people, I brought my camera with hopes of covertly finding images to tell the story. After 20 minutes of riding, I found the place again. I begin shooting and within 2 minutes was aprroached by a young boy riding his bike. He shouted, "ciao amico...ciao amico..." His friends, on their bicycles, followed. Instead of being assaulted, I found the boys merely wanting friendship. They pointed out things on their bicycles that were similar to mine...they did tricks on their bikes for me...they road as fast as their little legs could go...

Here are some of the photos...


































































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home